Welcome to the St John and St Nicolas Schools Federation website. We are very proud of our schools and the high quality education that we provide. Our federation vision is 'For the good of all - through curiosity, creativity and love' and we aim, in everything that we do to consider the needs of every member of our community and encourage a communal and respectful approach to education and life. We want all of our children to think of others and to have the opportunity to flourish alongside their peers.
Keith Harvey - Executive Headteacher
St John and St Nicolas Schools Federation
For the good of all - through curiosity, creativity and love.
Everyone within our federation works for the good of all. “The spirit’s presence is shown in each person for the good of all.” 1 Corinthians 12:7. Our vision is underpinned by the values of curiosity, creativity and love, which are at the core of our schools, our learning and our care for each other.
Our schools will nurture and support every child, encouraging them to achieve their full potential in a safe and caring environment, where everyone is valued and respected. By reflecting the ethos of our Christian vision, we will work together for the good of all.
We will do this by:
- Fostering respect, appreciation and consideration of each other in order that the children, staff and the whole school community work together to achieve the best outcomes for everyone.
- Providing a consistently welcoming, safe and stimulating environment that enables every child to flourish.
- Nurturing individual aspiration and success, for children and adults alike, through appropriate encouragement, support and challenge.
- Recognising that each child is unique, and identifying opportunities to develop their confidence and enthusiasm, so they become imaginative and independent learners, able to make informed decisions.
- Providing high quality teaching through a broad and exciting curriculum, ensuring that every child develops in knowledge and skills in preparation for life beyond school.
- Creating caring, curious, independent and self-motivated learners whose spiritual, emotional and physical wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do.
- Establishing a therapeutic and inclusive learning community, where differences and diversity are respected and celebrated.
- Sharing in the Christian community of our schools’ churches and being actively concerned not only about each other and the life of our local community, but also about understanding our role in shaping the wider global environment in which we all share.
- Developing a meaningful partnership with all our parents and carers.